In the current season, the temperature is high, the humidity is high, and the average temperature can reach 35 °C. In this season, the metabolism of the laying hens will change greatly, which will directly affect the breeding efficiency and economic benefits of the farmers. Therefore, farmers must take corresponding measures to cool the chickens in the chicken battery cages.
1. The weather is hot, the water loss in the laying hens is more serious, so the farmers should supply enough water this season. You can choose to cool the water, the cold water can absorb a part of the heat in the chicken body, so as to cool down, so you should keep fresh and cool drinking water in the sink.
2. Fresh air in the house: In the case of high temperature in the summer house, the laying hen mainly relies on breathing to help the body to dissipate heat. However, the air in many farms is poor, the manure causes ammonia, and the humidity is high. The chicken house looks damp and hot, which is very unfavorable to the laying hens. Therefore, the farmer should do the work and ventilation work of clearing the feces. If necessary, sprinkle some lime into the septic tank after daily cleaning, to reduce the high humidity effect, to ensure that the air inside the house is fresh and cool.
3. Adjust the feeding method: In summer, farmers can adjust the time of feeding the laying hens appropriately. You can choose to feed more in the morning and evening when you are cool, diligently feed, stimulate the appetite of the chicken, let it eat more. However, care should be taken to avoid the accumulation of wet materials in the trough to avoid mold and deterioration.
4. Appropriate extension of lighting time: When the laying hens are working in the summer, the farmers can extend the morning and evening light time appropriately. This can increase the feeding of the laying hens, but pay attention to increase the lighting time by no more than 17 hours.
5. Adjusting the nutritional level of the diet: high temperature will affect the feed intake of the laying hens, resulting in reduced feeding of the laying hens. If the reduction, the laying hens will be undernourished. The farmers should take measures to stimulate more feeding. Improve dietary nutrition levels to compensate for undernutrition.
6. Supplementing heat stress-resistant nutrients and electrolytes: The continuous high temperature in the house will cause heat stress in the laying hens. This farmer knows that high temperature will also cause sodium, potassium and carbonate ions in the chickens to be discharged. The electrolyte is unbalanced, so the farmer needs to supplement the sodium broth with sodium bicarbonate, potassium chloride and ammonium chloride in summer, and should also add zinc carbonate.
7. Use water curtain to cool down: The cooling of the chicken house is a work that farmers must pay attention to in summer. Most of the farmers are now closed chicken houses, so when cooling, they will choose water curtain equipment for cooling and mechanization to cool down. The temperature of the house can be well controlled and is very popular among farmers.
The above seven measures are the authors telling the farmers about several measures to make the laying hen safe in summer during the chicken cage in the layer chicken cage. I hope that the above description will bring some help to the farmers, so that the laying hens can also produce the same performance in the hot season.