In the current chicken industry in Ghana, many users are using chicken cage breeding systems to raise chickens. Raising chickens in chicken cages has many advantages, which can allow farmers to save space and increase the use of chicken coops. In addition, it is easier to manage chickens in cages when raising chickens in cages, but some attention should be paid to the breeding process. The problem can achieve a better effect of chicken cages.
The following author will describe the advantages and precautions of chicken cages:
1. Poultry cages are raised in multi-layer cages, so it is necessary to raise three or four times more chicken flocks than flat rearing, so that farmers can increase their benefits from the number. In addition, chickens grow and produce in cages, which is more convenient for farmers to manage the flock, and the sanitary environment of the chicken house can be better maintained.
2. In the process of using poultry cages to raise chickens, the chickens will not directly touch the feces, so the cage can greatly reduce the diseases caused by fecal infection. Not only reduces the incidence of diseases, but also facilitates the disposal of feces.
3. The use of chicken cages to raise chickens can allow the chickens to have enough feeding and drinking positions to ensure that each chicken can get reasonable drinking and feeding, and make the chickens have a good uniformity.
4. Reduce the labor intensity of the farmers. If flat rearing is used, not only the number of rearing is small, but also the breeder can not manage it alone. Although the number of cages has increased, it is more convenient for the farmers to carry out chickens than the cages. Feeding management, although increased labor intensity has decreased.
The above points are the advantages of chicken cages described by the author. Although the use of chicken cages to raise chickens has increased the economic benefits of farmers and improved efficiency. However, in the process of using chicken cages to raise chickens, farmers need to pay attention to the following points and matters:
1. Reasonable stocking density. Although the use of chicken cages to raise chickens can be raised at a higher density and a larger number, farmers cannot blindly place chickens. According to different specifications, sizes and types, a reasonable quantity distribution should be carried out. If the stocking density exceeds the number of chicken cages, it will limit the activities of the chickens and affect growth and development. In addition, too much quantity will affect the air quality of the chicken coop and the service life of the chicken coop. At the same time, it may also cause the phenomenon of strong chickens, bullying, and pecking each other. Therefore, farmers should make reasonable adjustments in time according to the growth stage of the flock.
2. Do a good job of ventilation. Poultry cages system have a higher feeding density than flat chicken houses. If there are more chickens, the feces and oxygen and other harmful gases will be larger. Therefore, in the process of breeding, farmers must do a good job of ventilation, timely and effective exhaust of harmful gases, and fresh air into the chicken house. Keep the air in the chicken coop fresh and with proper humidity.